A Meeting of The Brains
The first (pilot) episode of Season One of The Look Alike Series, A Meeting of The Brains details the arrival of Lynn Cullen at Lawndale High School and the beginning of her friendship with Daria and Jane.
- Lynn wears glasses that are a bit smaller and more oval than the ones Daria wears; the frames are thin, gunmetal grey wire-rims.
- Daria is asked by Ms. Li to act as 'School Greeter' in Jodie Landon's stead because Jodie has come down with mononucleosis and will be out of school for two weeks.
- When Lynn meets Upchuck for the first time, she stops him from propositioning her with the following threat:
"Listen, maggot. I can castrate you in so many different and painful ways that you couldn't even begin to hear them all today. Most of them would have you retching where you sit anyway. I can cut your ears off and stuff them so far up your ass you won't shit them out until graduation. Give me an excuse to mess you up, sleaze-bag; I've been studying pain and suffering for years. I could inflict agonies that would leave you begging for a merciful death, and then I'd make you live with the mutilation for the rest of a long and pointless existence. Just give me one. Good. Reason."
- Lynn gives the following quote as to her opinion of what she sees as her reason for attending Lawndale High:
"My pursuit of higher learning is going to revolve around what I really need to know; how to cut losers down to size and twist the cerebrally deficient around my little finger to suit my own ends."
- In one review of TLAS by CINCGREEN, he cites the aforementioned quote from Lynn Cullen as a pointed example of why he is not a fan of TLAS; in his words, "let’s just say that I find TLAS an example of how NOT to write Daria fan fiction."
- Upon seeing Daria and Lynn together for the first time, Jake faints.