A Work in Progress (Subject to Revision)
A Work in Progress (Subject to Revision) is a Daria alternate universe fanfiction series by Chris Tucker. The main plot of the series is Daria's battle with breast cancer and leukemia, her life after defeating the disease and how it has affected those close to her.
In another major deviation from canon, it is told that both Daria and Quinn were adopted by the Morgendorffers as young children after the death of their abusive birth parents, the Hursts. This is elaborated upon further in the prequel series, Life in Highland: The Early Years.
Stories in Series
Who's The Bitch, Now? (Part 1 - And So It Begins):
- Daria discovers a malignant cancer and is sent to Chicago for emergency life-saving surgery.
Who's The Bitch, Now? (Part 2 - Homecoming):
- Daria makes a triumphant homecoming to Lawndale, but looks nothing at all like a winner, as Jane soon finds out.
Bedside Consultation (NL):
- A non-linear part of the story, taking place during one of Dr. MacAdams's routine check-ups on Daria during her therapy.
Pizza Run (NL):
- The Morgendorffer sisters bond on a pizza run.
And The Number One Reason To Love The Telephone (NL):
- Dr. MacAdams greets Helen with great news regarding Daria's therapy.
Pizza Run, Part Two: Electric Boogaloo! (NL):
- Jane discovers how much she really means to the Morgendorffer sisters.
My Heart Is Going Boom Boom Boom! (NL):
- Jake arrives in Chicago to bring Daria home.
Who's The Bitch, Now? (Part 3 - And Don't You Forget It!):
- Daria receives her final prognosis from Dr. MacAdams.
We're 700 Miles From Chicago... (NL):
- Mr. DeMartino and Jane go on a road trip to Chicago to visit Daria in hospital.
Night Time, Is The Right Time:
- Daria confronts her demons in her dreams, engaging in a final battle against "The Night-Gaunt".
We Are At T-Minus 30 Days To Graduation...:
- Daria prepares for her return to Lawndale High.
LOOK! Up In The Sky!:
- Sandi realises that there is more to life than herself.
- Daria makes a startling breakthrough in her recovery.
What A Rip Off! (NL):
- Daria and Dr. MacAdams argue about superpowers and pizza.
- Written as an e-mail to Dr. MacAdams, Daria recounts the events of her first day back at Lawndale High.
Bedside Consultation II (NL):
- Dr. MacAdams tells Daria about how he nearly gave up on her.
A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do:
- Daria goes on an uncharacteristic kissing rampage to give thanks to those who supported her.
Hell Hath No Fury, Like Daria Pissed Off!:
- Daria gets a measure of revenge on Val.
50 Minutes A Week:
- Daria shares her inner-most feelings about Jane, Quinn and others during a therapy session.
The Dam Bursts:
- Daria makes some startling revelations about her childhood during another therapy session.
- Jane becomes the beneficiary of Daria's generosity.
It's Her Party:
- Daria and Tom make the decision to end their relationship.
Portrait Of A Young Artist:
- Daria and Jane exchange artworks of each other.
Jane, I Have A Cunning Plan...:
- As they finally complete their last day at Lawndale High, Daria and Jane starts searching for ways to bring in money.
May I Ask You Some Questions, Please...:
- Quinn opens up about the past and her relationship with Daria in a session with Daria's therapist.
It'll Only Hurt For A Minute:
- It's graduation day, and Daria starts to worry about the future.
Help, I Need Somebody...:
- After suffering a severe anxiety attack, Daria finally opens up to Jane and Quinn about her fears and insecurities.
- Presented as diary excerpts, Jane and Daria write their final thoughts before graduation.
- Daria and Jane finally officially graduate, with Daria receiving a special award. Afterwards, Dr. MacAdams makes an appearance and tells the Morgendorffers about what may have caused Daria's cancer, and what is being done about it.
Letter To A Friend (NL):
- Daria sends news of her progress to Dr. MacAdams just before graduation.
Daria Fanworks Awards
A Work in Progress was nominated for Favourite New Series in the 2010 Daria Fanworks Awards.