A fictional character in the ongoing Legion of Lawndale Heroes fanfic series, Alison Majel Cockrum is a Cadet Second Year (equal to a high-school junior) at the United States Academy of Extranormal Studies, as well as a second-year member of the the Phantom Eagles. Alison is learning how to use her mutant magnetic abilities, and has already been accepted into the Elite Academy after her graduation from the First Academy (she will graduate a year ahead of schedule, with a perfect 4.0 GPA and several major academics awards); there, she will major in physics and mathematics.
- generate magnetic forces and manipulate already-existing magnetic fields in order to manipulate ferrous objects. She can also (unlike Jane) manipulate non-ferrous objects.
- fly at supersonic speeds
- create magnetic forcefields that can resist even the point-blank detonation of a high-yield tactical nuclear warhead
- generate 'force-blasts' of great concussive force
- disable electrical devices with a electromagnetic pulse
- temporarily disable electrical devices with a field that inhibits movement and generation of electrical forces. This field, when active, can also inhibit telepathic communication or even negate it completely for low-power telepaths. Alison can generate this field over a 250-mile maximum radius.
Alison can also control gravity to a limited extent. She can:
- levitate immense weights by releasing the force of gravity upon the object
- disable persons or objects by increasing the force of gravity upon them
- create an antigravity field within which everything is weightless; she can even, within an enclosed area, create a permanent AG field (which can last as long as the area is intact - having openings within the enclosed area such as doors does not disrupt the field).
In addition, Alison can create small, spherical (about the size of a softball) magnetic fields in which she can somehow alter the qualities of the materials within (the air and other elements within) to create a field of antimatter within. She can project these fields (which she calls 'torpedoes' (after the offensive weapon in the Star Trek franchise) because they look like 'quantum torpedoes when she launches them. A single 'torpedo' can travel at line-of-sight range, and (at present) has the maximum destructive power of a one-megaton nuclear device. She can, of course, dial the power back to a minimum of a 0.5 kiloton device.
Alison also possesses a second paranormal ability: beyond her already-formidable academic skills, she possesses a paranormally enhanced intellect which allows her to demonstrate a profound grasp and knowledge of a range of subjects. Due to her metahuman intellect, she is one of the smartest cadets to attend USAES, and the only reason that she does not currently possess any collegiate degrees is because USAES policy is to focus on academic, physical, social and metahuman ability development equally, so as to help cadets more easily adjust for life in society after their time at USAES (in other words - no skipped grades). Nevertheless, it is an accepted fact that after USAES, Alison will easily receive several advanced degrees (including doctorates in mathematics and physics) because of the academic work she's already completed; several of her friends already address her as 'Doctor'.
Alison is seventeen years of age, exactly 5' in height, weighs 105 pounds and is in exceedingly good shape (as befits a Phantom Eagle). She has a 36D bra size, which has raised eyebrows when persons first meet her; she has occasionally considered surgery to reduce the size of her breasts (she has actively worked to stay in good shape, as it reduces the stress of her ample bosom upon the rest of her body). She has whitish-blonde hair that she wears in a considerably long, heavy plait, and very large, cobalt-blue eyes with visible gold flecks in the iris; she is considered very attractive but for some reason, very unapproachable; the irony is that she is a very friendly and pleasant young woman who simply loves to learn. She is an excellent tennis player, and an active member of the Evansville, Indiana chapter of MENSA (IQ of 170). Alison has already declared her intention to join DELPHI as a member of the P.O.G.O. teams; however, her declaration is not valid until she officially begins her second year in the Elite Academy.
In keeping with the USAES requirement that all cadets be well-versed in some form of weapon, melee-skills, or some form of martial art, Alison has continued her lifelong training in the Afro-Brazilian combat form of Capoeira, which is the ritual combat-form that distinguishes the members of her family - the matriarchial-led branch of the Twelve Clans known as the Clan Cockrum'. (Capoeira was chosen by the Clan in the early 17th Century as the familial combat form because it would disguise combat training as simply practicing a particularly energetic - and erotic - dance form used to entice men.)
Alison was born and raised in the town of Olathe, Kansas, where her mother is a three-term Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives. She has an identical twin sister, Autumn, who possesses the same enhanced intellect (but at a much higher level, as if to make up for the fact that she has no active powers like Alison does). Autumn is in her final year of study at Cambridge University.
Alison also seems to have struck up a friendship with Jane Lane and Quinn Morgendorffer.