Revision as of 15:45, 18 July 2011 by Charles RB
Scissors MacGillicutty is a fanfiction author.
- Semi-retired software developer and real estate speculator (translation: will have to get a goddamn job soon). Elevated to Angst Lord status by Brother Grimace for his work on the Daria fan fiction, "Where's Mary Sue When You Need Her?." Formerly known as "et alia."
CredentialificationEducation: BS, mathematics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1991
Fanon and Fan Culture Contributions
- Hangs around in the AOL IM Daria fan chat room, SFMB2 more than he should, probably to the annoyance of the others.
- While it was on-line, contributed to CINCGREEN's Daria Encyclopedia Wiki.
- One of the few US leftists (i.e., favors expansive social welfare programs, redistributive economic policies, mistrusts market-based solutions to social problems, etc) on the boards. Is probably a tepid centrist by the standards of Western Europe and other nations.
- Created the character of Jim Vitale, who is considered by some readers to be of the most dynamic villains ever developed in Daria fanfic.
- Is serious fucking business.
Bibliography of Major Works
- Illusions: the Unswerving Punctuality of— (as "et alia")
- Journey to the End of the Fashion Club
- Where's Mary Sue When You Need Her?
Daria Fanworks Awards
- Favorite Drama for Journey to the End of the Fashion Club
The CRAPPIES Awards
2nd CRAPPIES Awards
- Best Use of a Lot of Words to Say Very Little for "Where's Mary Sue When You Need Her?"