The James Lane Chronicles
The James Lane Chronicles is an alternate-universe series by InvisibleDan. It was inspired by Richard Lobinske's John Lane and The Angst Guy's "Darius." The series is based on the TV series while making the change of Jane Lane into a male character. James Lane has many of the same characteristics as his canon predecessor, but his personality differs in many key aspects.
The series was named The James Lane Chronicles in order to avoid confusion with Richard Lobinske's John Lane. It is planned to comprise of twenty chapters set from James's and Daria's sophomore year at Lawndale High until their graduation in the spring of 2001.
List of Stories in Series
Chapter 1: Folly a Deux
- James is accosted by an interesting new student in his self-esteem class. They end up going to a party thrown by Brittany. Wackiness ensues.
Chapter 2: Apocalypse When?
- Students from Lawndale High, including James and Daria, go paintballing. Daria's parents volunteer to supervise the kids. Wackiness ensues.
Chapter 3: Art With a Capital 'F'
- James and Daria enter a student art contest. Their entry is not appreciated by Ms. Li. Wackiness ensues.
Chapter 4: Dedicated Follower of Fashion
- Quinn drags Daria along to see a plastic surgeon. Daria is not amused. James tries to keep his friend from becoming despondent over her appearance. Wackiness ensues.
Chapter 5: She's My Best Friend
- Tommy Sherman comes to Lawndale High to dedicate his goal post but decides to lean against Daria's locker first. James decides to defend Daria's honor. Wackiness does not ensue.
Chapter 6: Magical Misery Tour
Chapter 7: Blond Ambition
New installments of The James Lane Chronicles are posted to PPMB. These are first drafts. The author plans to submit corrected drafts of the stories to Outpost Daria whenever he gets off his lazy behind.