Training Cadre 2999
One of the most powerful groups of cadets ever trained at the United States Academy of Extranormal Studies, Training Cadre 2999 is an all-psionic group of Cadets First Class, all ranked at mid-range Class Four power levels or higher, who began their Academy education at the same time as other groups such as Training Cadre 3000 and The Alliance. Most of the members of 2999 were first seen in Legion of Lawndale Heroes 12:2, when they were part of a shared psionic link with Daria Morgendorffer.
After the events of LLH 12:5 and 12:6, Training Cadre 2999 was one of the first cadets to start actively taking additional training, and defining themselves as a 'special cadet operations group' (as USAES staff refers to the Alliance). Referring to themselves as the ' PSI Corps ' (the name they have always used for themselves, in reference to the organization shown on the science-fiction show Babylon 5) the cadre members all have identical navy-blue fatigues made from unstable molecules (and treated to respond/react specifically with their psionic powers).
An interesting trivia bit is that Training Cadre 2999 is one of the few cadres to be predominantly international in the nationality of the cadets; only two of the nine cadets (Leda Calavicci and Destiny Temple) are American in origin. It is also one of only two cadres composed primarily of Phantom Eagles, as only Leda is not a member of that elite cadre. (However, each of those cadets has distinguished themselves in other ways, as Destiny is one of a tiny number of actual precognitive cadets at the Academy, Chi Ling is the most powerful and skilled astral projector and Leda is the most skilled cadet in psionic defense.)
Training Cadre 2999 is one of the most powerful (if not THE most powerful training cadre) at the Academy, with all but one member (Destiny Temple) at Class Four mid-range power levels; Temple, however is the most powerful/accurate precognitive in the Corps of Cadets.
The members of Training Cadre 2999 are:
- Leda Calavicci (United States - Class Five; primary powers - empathy, linguistics)
- Jacquelyn Concordion (South Africa - Class Four extreme; primary powers - telepathy)
- Jennette Concordion (South Africa - Class Four extreme; primary powers - telepathy)
- Yaniv Ernet (Israel - Class Five; primary powers - telepathy, telekinesis, psi-force projection)
- Chi Ling Kwan (Taiwan - Class Four extreme; primary powers - telepathy, astral projection)
- Amorette Molyneux (Canada - Class Five; primary powers - telepathy, telekinesis, psi-force projection)
- Kwang-sun Park (South Korea - Class Four mid-range; primary powers - telepathy, telekinesis, psi-force projection)
- Michelle Tandy (Great Britain - Class Four mid-range; primary powers - telepathy, astral projection, psi-force projection)
- Destiny Temple (United States - Class Three extreme; primary powers - precognition, telepathy, clairvoyance/clairaudience)